AAA returns to Floyd Bennett Field to end the 2021 observing season! Join us on December 10, starting at 6:30 PM for views of our moon and other celestial wonders. Weather permitting, masks required.
Floyd Bennett Field is part of Gateway National Park, Brooklyn. We meet every month, from March – June, and September – December. Events are cancelled if it is overcast or if the temperature is below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
There is no observing during the months of: January, February, July or August.
The observing location at Floyd Bennett Field is next to the Community Garden. It is within walking distance of the Q35 bus, and there is ample parking for cars. This location is also easy for people to find in the dark, as it is next to the Community Garden.
Travelling by car:
- Drive south on Flatbush Avenue. The entrance to Floyd Bennett Field is just before the toll plaza for the Marine Parkway Bridge. There is a traffic light at this intersection.
- Make the left turn at the traffic light just before the toll plaza, and enter the Park.
- Approximately 1,000 feet down there is an intersection. Make the left turn.
- About 2,000 feet further, on the left side, is the Community Garden.
Travelling by mass transit:
- The Q35 bus connects with the Nostrand Avenue terminal for the 2 and 5 subways. Take the bus to the last stop in Brooklyn, just before the toll plaza.
- After exiting the bus, cross Flatbush Avenue and follow the directions above.
We hope to see you there!